Asian Omelet with Smoked Salmon (Keto, Gluten Free)
This Asian omelet with smoked salmon is the perfect way to start the day. It is so easy and fast to prepare. You can literally serve this delicious breakfast meal in five minutes. There are only three main ingredients in this recipe. They are not only tasty, but they are going to provide you with the nutrients you need to accomplish your daily goals.
Why should you make this recipe?
If you like Asian flavors you are going to love this omelet. It tastes almost like sushi.
The main ingredients are delicious and nutritious.
- Eggs-great source of protein. They contain almost every nutrient you can think of. The variety of vitamins minerals and antioxidants in an egg is impressive. That is why they are perfect for breakfast.
- Nori-a type of dried seaweed that is a great source of calcium. In fact nori contains more calcium than milk per serving. Nori also is a very good source of iodine and other essential nutrients.
- Smoked salmon-is a great source of protein and omega-3 amino acids. Consuming salmon may improve immune function and may help with eye and brain health.
You don’t need a lot of equipment to make this recipe. You will need bowl with a fork to whisk the eggs. Also, making the omelet would be much easier if you use a good quality non-stick cooking pan with a lid. Finally, you are going to need a heat resistant spatula (or two) to help you with rolling the omelet.
Use a non-stick pan with a lid to cook the Asian omelet. I used a Green Pan. This blog post is not sponsored and the link is not affiliated. I just love their pans.
Preheat the pan to medium low temperature before adding the eggs. Once you add them reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid for about a minute.
Slightly grease the pan before you add the eggs. I used sesame oil to make the omelette taste Asian, but you can use an oil that you prefer.
High heat will cook the eggs too fast. This will burn the omelet on the bottom but the top part it is going to remain runny.
If you have celiac disease make sure that the smoked salmon and nori you buy are gluten free.
There is no salt added to this recipe because the nori and the smoked salmon are salty.
You can add toppings that you like. I personally like this omelette with sesame seeds, chili flakes, cucumbers and avocado.
Asian Omelet with Smoked Salmon
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 nori sheet
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- avocado, sesame seeds, green onions, chili flakes, cucumber
- Preheat a 10 inch nonstick pan to a medium-low heat. Add the sesame oil to the pan.
- Break two eggs in a bowl and whisk them with a fork until foamy.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and tilt the pan util the bottom of the pan is covered. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a minute or until the eggs are no longer runny.
- Add the nori sheet on top of the omelet and top with the salmon. Use a spatula to roll the omelette and transfer it to a plate.
- Optional: add topping that you like (sesame seeds, avocado, cucumber, green onions, red chili flakes).