Avocado Dip With Green Peas and Dill (Vegan)
Spring is here and I’m in a mood to eat green and fresh tasting food. All the recipes I tested in the past three days fit these criteria. This avocado dip with green peas and dill is a combination of everything that I love. As soon as I tasted it, I was convinced that I have to share the recipe with you.
The inspiration for this recipe came from a green pea stew that I love. It contains green peas, potatoes a lot of garlic and dill. Ever since I was a little girl, I love peas, dill and garlic. I have to share the recipe for this stew with you in the future. Since I live in Louisiana, where is rarely cold I hardly ever get a stew craving. That is why I try to play with my favorite flavors and incorporate them in other recipes.
Why should you make this recipe?
The avocado dip with green peas and dill tastes so good. The flavors are complimenting each other. There is some sweetness from the peas, spiciness from the garlic and tanginess from the lime. If I have to describe the flavor with only one word, I will say that it is fresh.
You can definitely feel good about serving this dip to your loved ones since it is not only it tasty, but it is loaded with nutrients. There is a serving of healthy, monounsaturated fats from the avocado. The green peas are packed with protein and vitamins. The garlic is known for its medicinal properties. It is also a prebiotic, and it feeds your healthy gut bacteria. It can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. The lime and the dill are also very nutritious. They contain a lot of vitamin C and antioxidants. Consuming this dip may improve your immunity, which is very important nowadays.
Serve this dip with your favorite vegetables, crackers or chips. Pack it in your lunch box or bring it to a party. You can also make it ahead and serve it when you need it. Since this dip is made with lime it keeps its vibrant green color even for 2-3 days after preparation when stored in the fridge.
Please Note: I’m not a doctor or a dietitian. Everything written in my blog post is my own opinion. I’m not qualified to give medical advice!
Avocado Dip With Green Peas and Dill
- 1 cup green peas frozen or fresh
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves pressed or finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 5 dill sprigs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the peas in a small pot with a ¼ cup of water and 3 cloves of pressed garlic. Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook until all of the water is gone or the peas are cooked. Set aside and allow them to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Chop one avocado and add it to a food processor. Then add the zest and the juice of one lime, the green peas and the dill.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix a few times until you get your desired consistency. Serve right away. Store leftovers covered and in the fridge.