Cherry Berry White Chocolate and Yogurt Squares (Sugar Free)
The cherry, berry, white chocolate and yogurt squares are the perfect dessert for the hot summer days. They taste like a frozen yogurt bar, but they don’t contain any refined sugar and are full of beneficial nutrients. This recipe is an excellent treat for anyone who craves something sweet but wants to get rid of some extra pounds. I feel your pain. I’ve also gained some quarantine weight that I’m trying to get rid of. Avoiding sugar and simple carbs always helps me get back into my comfort weight. This recipe is low on sugar and high on protein which may help you to reach your goals.
Why should you make this recipe?
If you like frozen yogurt, you will enjoy the taste of this dessert. It is sweet but slightly tangy. I love white chocolate! I actually prefer it than any other type of chocolate. It goes so well berries and cherries. The almonds and chocolate chips add some texture to this delicious dessert.
There are so many benefits for you in a single yogurt bar. The yogurt contains probiotics which have a beneficial effect on digestion and immunity. Yogurt is also high on protein and calcium. The fruit and almonds contain vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
The cherry, berry, white chocolate and yogurt squares will be the perfect dessert for your Fourth of July party. It has the red, white and blue colors and they come from natural ingredients. There are no artificial colors and flavors added in this dessert.
Since this recipe is made with sugar free chocolate it is suitable for diabetics and people on low carb diet. The yogurt bars are also gluten and grain free.
How to melt chocolate?
I usually create a water bath to melt the chocolate. I put a pot of water on the stove and I bring it to simmer. Then I add another on top of the one with the simmering water. I add the chocolate to the empty bowl. Then I stir until the chocolate is melted. If the water in the water bath starts boiling I remove it from the stovetop. This might ruin the texture of the chocolate.
You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Put your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for about a minute on high. Stop the microwave and stir it occasionally (every 15 or 30 seconds) so it doesn’t burn.
I recommend using whole Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is already strained and contains more protein than regular plain yogurt.
It is very important to bring the yogurt to room a temperature before you start. If you add the melted chocolate to the cold yogurt it will solidify. You can use the same water bath from the chocolate to warm up your yogurt. Just add the bowl with the yogurt on top of the pot with the simmering water and stir for a few minutes.
For this recipe I used white chocolate chips form Choc Zero. There are other brands of sugar free chocolate on the market, but this is my favorite. In my opinion it tastes the closest to an actual chocolate. You can also use regular white chocolate chips if you don’t mind the sugar.
Wash and clean the fruit well from the dirt, pits and stems. Ripe fruit in the peak of the season tastes the best.
Spread the mixture on the baking sheet however you like. You can make a rectangle or square. Just make sure that is not too thin. It should be about half an inch thick.
This blog post is not sponsored. I love the products of Choc Zero and I use them all the time in my baking. The link will give you $15 off your first purchase and I will get $15 off any of my furniture purchases.
Cherry Berry White Chocolate and Yogurt Squares
- 12 oz sugar free white chocolate chips I used Choc Zero
- 3 cups Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh cherries, blueberries and strawberries
- slivered almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Save 1/4 cup of the white chocolate chip (for topping) and add the rest in a microwave save bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove (read the blog post for instructions).
- Add the melted chocolate to the yogurt by stirring constantly until combined. Yogurt should be at room temperature.
- Pour the yogurt and chocolate mixture on the baking sheet and spread it out using a spatula. you can make any form you like. Do not spread it too thinly.
- Wash the cherries and the berries and remove the pits and the stems. Slice them to a size you like. Evenly distribute them on top of the yogurt mixture. Then add the rest of the chocolate chip and some slivered almonds.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Cut or break the bark to pieces that you like. Enjoy while frozen. Store leftover pieces in a zip lock bag in the freezer for a week.