Creamy Breakfast Quinoa Bowl with Mango and Coconut (Vegan)
I love to start my day with a nutritious and delicious creamy breakfast quinoa bowl. It satisfies my hunger and provides my body with the nutrients and the energy I need to deal with any challenge. This breakfast recipe is so easy and fast to prepare. In this blog post I gave you a step by step method to cook the perfect quinoa every time.
Why should you make this recipe?
This quinoa bowl tastes so tropical and it has a pudding-like texture. To achieve this creamy consistency I blend a half of mango, a little bit of maple syrup and coconut milk. Then I add it to the cooked quinoa and I stir to combine. Finally I top it with some sliced mango and shredded coconut. You can also drizzle extra maple syrup if you feel that it is not sweet enough.
There are so many health benefits of consuming quinoa. It is one of the few plant foods that contains all nine essential amino acids. This makes it an excellent source of protein. Quinoa is high on fiber, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium and many vitamins. It is also a low-calorie food that will keep you full for a long time.
This recipe is vegan and naturally gluten free. It is suitable for people who avoid to consume gluten.
You need only five ingredients and 30 minutes of your time to prepare this creamy breakfast quinoa bowl. You can always make the quinoa ahead of time and add the toppings right before serving it.
How to cook the perfect quinoa?
This method will always give you the best results. Start by measuring and rinsing it. Use dry measuring cups to measure quinoa. Once you have the amount you need, transfer it into a mesh strainer and wash it under running water. Drain it well and transfer it to a pot. To one part of quinoa add two parts of water. Bring it to a boil fast and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer the quinoa uncovered until all the water is all gone. Remove the pot from the heat and cover it with a lid. Do not touch it for 5 min. This will steam the quinoa and allow it to get perfectly fluffy. Once you have the perfect quinoa you can use it to prepare breakfast bowls, salads, main dishes, or desserts.
In this recipe you regulate the level of sweetness. You can add as much maple syrup as you like. If you are not vegan, you can also use honey.
Creamy Breakfast Quinoa Bowl with Mango and Coconut
- Small blender or smoothie maker
- ½ cup quinoa dry, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk from a can
- 1 mango large and ripe
- ¼ cup maple syrup plus more for serving
- unsweetened shredded coconut for topping optional
- Add ½ cup of dry quinoa in a mesh strainer and rinse it under a running water. Then strain it well and add it in a pot with 1 cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil on high and then reduce the heat to very low allowing it to simmer. Do not add a lid on top. Simmer until all the water is gone. Then remove the pot from the heat and cover it with a lid. Keep it covered for 5 minutes. Then remove the lid and stir.
- Peel and cube haf of the mango. In a small blender or smoothie maker add ¼cup of maple syrup, one cup of coconut milk and half of the mango. Blend until smooth.
- Combine the mango milk mixture with the quiana and stir until combined. Serve in a bowl. Top withthe rest of the mango, shredded coconut and extra maple syrup.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.