Easy Chorizo Taquitos (Oven and Air Frier Method)
When you are out of ideas for dinner you should make these easy chorizo taquitos. They take only fifteen minutes of work. The oven will do the rest. Actually, in this blog post I offer you two different methods of cooking. You can use an oven or an air fryer if you have one. No matter how you decide to cook them they will always taste great.
Why Should you Make This Recipe?
These taquitos are great for family nights. Kids and adults love them. You don’t need any utensils to eat them. This makes them great for entertaining. Serve them at a birthday party, game or movie night.
They take only 15 minutes of actual work. You can make them ahead and cook them right before serving. Any leftovers are easy to reheat.
Depending on the tortillas you decide to use you can make them keto, Paleo or gluten free. Nowadays there are so many different tortillas at the grocery store. You can pick whatever you prefer.
This recipe doesn’t require any extra seasoning since the chorizo is already seasoned. My recommendation is to always taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. I have a Mexican store near my house and where I can find great tasting chorizo sausage.
To make the easy chorizo taquitos you can use whatever tortillas you like. Corn, wheat, gluten or grain free tortillas work great for this recipe. The only condition is to use small tortillas. Six or eight inch in diameter work best. Make sure to adjust the cooking time and watch your tortillas while they bake. Different ingredients will bake in different times.
You can serve them with chopped tomatoes and avocado. They go very well with salsa or guacamole. When I make any Mexican recipe, I always prepare my chipotle sour cream. To see how I make it go to this blog post.
Easy Chorizo Taquitos
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lb raw chorizo sausage casing removed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 10 tortillas (6-inch in diameter) I used Trader Joe's carb savvy
- cooking oil I used sunflower oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat a pan to medium high. Add the oil and the chopped onion and sauté for two minutes or until slightly softer and transparent. Then remove the chorizo from the casing and add it in the pan. Use a wooden spoon to break it apart to smaller pieces while it is cooking. When it is cooked remove from the stove.
- Preheat an oven or an air fryer to 400F. If you are going to use the oven place a rack over a baking sheet.
- To make the taquitos: place a tortilla on a work surface and add few tablespoons of the chorizo mixture. Then add some shredded cheese and roll a tide roll.
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Place all taquitos on the baking sheet or in the air fryer and spray them with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake/air fry for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.