Easy Peach Cake (Dairy Free)
Peach season is here! This is the time when I buy too many peaches and nectarines from the farmer’s market and we just can’t eat them all. The easy peach cake is perfect for times when you have few bruised peaches left that nobody wants to eat. This recipe is simple and fast to make. Also, it needs only few ingredients that most of you already have at home.
Last time I made it was when we had my husband’s coworkers over for a dinner. I had the whole menu figured out, but I had no idea what to do for dessert. I opened the fridge and I saw two very sad looking peaches and I instantly thought about using them to make a simple cake. The recipe for the easy peach cake was the first thing that came to my mind. I know it and use it for so many years. I think I learned it from one of my neighbors in Bulgaria. My husband’s coworkers loved the dessert and asked for seconds. That is when I decided that this recipe deserves some recognition and I’ll write a blog post about it.
Why Should you make it?
This cake is everything I want in a dessert. The sponge is light and fluffy. During baking the peaches release their aroma and juices into the dough. This creates a flavor like no other. When I take a bite from this dessert I start with the creamy center and I save the crust for last. A bite of that caramelized crust reminds me slightly of the Italian lady fingers. They are typically used to prepare Tiramisu.
This recipe is so simple and easy to follow and the cake was ready in 40 minutes. The actual preparation of the cake takes only 10 minutes. It requires hand or stand mixer, because you need to incorporate a lot of air in the batter. The air in the eggs acts as a leavening for the cake. Therefore, you need just a half of a teaspoon of baking powder.
Easy Peach Cake
- Hand or stand mixer
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil light tasting is best
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 peaches nectarines work too
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 355F.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and start mixing them with a hand mixer. Then add the sugar to the same bowl. Continue mixing until the sugar is completely dissolved (at least 5-7 minutes)
- Add the oil and the vanilla and continue to mix until the wet ingredients are well combined.
- Then add the flour and baking powder to the bowl. Use a spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the dough into a round pie dish with a 9 inch diameter. You can use any pan you like as long as is oven safe.
- Peel and cut the peaches into two halves. Then slice each half to thin slices (half moons).
- Arrange the slices on top of the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cake is baked.
- Allow the cake to cool down then dust the powdered sugar on top.