Five Ingredient Peach Crumble (Vegan Gluten and Grain Free)
Peach season is here! I got so excited when I saw my favorite stone fruits at the farmer’s market. The sweet aroma of the peaches tempted me to buy way more than I can eat. That is why I had to make my five ingredient peach crumble. This dessert is one of my favorites. I make it very often during the summer. It is so tempting that we eat it hot out of the oven with a serving of vanilla ice cream. It is so delicious that we rarely have any leftovers to put in the fridge.
Why Should you make this recipe?
Everybody knows that crumble is a classic combination of cooked fruit and a crunchy aromatic topping. Unlike the traditional crumble my recipe doesn’t contain any flour, refined sugar and butter. I’ve replaced white flour with almond flour, refined sugar with coconut sugar and butter with coconut oil. These substitutions make this dessert higher on protein and lower on empty calories. Coconut sugar has a lower glycemic index than white, refined sugar. All of the ingredients are vegan and dairy free. Therefore, this recipe is suitable for diabetics, vegans and people with gluten intolerance. Since it is grain, sugar and dairy free the five ingredient peach crumble is also Paleo.
Even if you don’t follow any specific diet this recipe will provide you with so many essential nutrients. Fruit and nuts are an excellent source of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. This type of dessert will not make you feel heavy and bloated. You will satisfy your sweet tooth and still feel light and full of energy.
Use fresh firm peaches. You will not get the same result with frozen ones. You would also have to adjust the baking time.
If you are not vegan or avoiding dairy products you can make the crumble with butter. I’ve made it with butter and with coconut oil and I liked it both ways.
Sometimes I add walnuts or other nuts in the crumble top. This makes it even more crunchy. That step is optional, but it is worth trying.
You can substitute the cinnamon with vanilla it you prefer. Both spices work very well with peaches.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. This will prevent soggy topping.
Five Ingredient Peach Crumble
- 2 pounds fresh peaches chopped to small pieces
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil butter works too
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar Divided
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 355F.
- Wash and cut the peaches to ½ pieces. Place them in a round 9-inch pie dish. Add a tablespoon of coconut sugar to the peaches and stir carefully without mashing them.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, melted coconut oil, the rest of the coconut sugar and the cinnamon. Stir well.
- Add the crumble toping over the peaches. You can also add nuts that you like.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until it is golden brown.