Lamb with Mint and Feta Sauce (Gluten Free, Keto)
If you are still wondering what to serve for Easter, I have an amazing recipe for you. This lamb with mint and feta sauce is so delicious that it will impress even the pickiest eaters. You can make this restaurant quality dish at home for no more than thirty minutes. I promise you that there is nothing complicated about this dish. You only need to sear the lamb steaks and blend the sauce. Serve this meal with some fresh spring salad and you will have the most satisfying meal ever.
Why should you make this recipe?
The lamb with mint and feta sauce is so tasty and easy to make. There are many essential nutrients in this dish. The lamb, yogurt and feta are great sources of protein. The creamy sauce has green onions and mint in it which are a good source of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber.
This recipe is also grain and gluten free. This makes is suitable for people with gluten allergy or Celiac disease. It is also a high fat, and protein meal that is low on carbohydrates. Which makes this recipe excellent for those on low carb and keto diets.
A rack of lamb might seem like a super fancy protein to cook but it is actually very easy. You might have to trim some of the fat on the back of the rack. That fat is too tough and it is not recommended for eating.
The only hard part is to cut the rack into individual lamb chops. You are going to need a sharp knife for that. Slide the knife between the ribs and cut between the bones.
Lamb is tender and it is best if you cook it to medium rare. Two minutes per side are enough to get an excellent sear on your chops without overcooking them. If you like your chops cooked well done add an extra minute per side.
You are going to need a high-speed blender or food processor to make the sauce. To get the sauce right you might have to add some water to thin it out. It depends on how dry is the feta. If you use a feta in brine, you will be able to get better consistency.
Lamb with Mint and Feta Sauce
- 1 rack of lamb
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
Ingredients for the sauce
- 6 oz feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp Plain or Greek yogurt whole
- 2 green onion sprigs
- Start by cleaning the rack of lamb. First trim the thick fat layer on the back of your rack.
- It should look like this after trimming the fat.
- Cut the rack into individual chops. Season them with salt and pepper on each side.
- Preheat a cast iron pan with some oil in it.
- Cook the lamb chops for two minutes per side.
- Rest the chops for 5 min before serving.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until you get a sauce like consistency. Add some water if needed. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve the chops with the sauce.