Raw Zucchini Noodles With Peanut Sauce (Low Carb and Vegan)
I got inspired to create the recipe for the raw zucchini noodles with peanut sauce on my birthday. My husband surprised me with a brunch at one of his favorite restaurants. The moment we entered my husband started reading the board with the specials. He said to me “there is a dish in the specials that sound like something that you might like.” When I look at the board, I saw raw zucchini noodles with chili sauce and peanuts. It sounded very interesting, so I decided to try it.
Unfortunately, the dish was very disappointing. Although I like spicy the sauce was extremely hot. It was even painful. Even the cooling effect of the raw zucchini didn’t help. I couldn’t finish the meal and I had to order something else. This experience made me think about how I would make this recipe at home for myself. I replaced the chili sauce with a peanut sauce, and I added some toppings suitable for any Asian recipe. The result was so delicious that I had to share it with you.
Why Should you make this recipe?
These zucchini noodles are delicious, fast and easy to prepare. If it is hot outside and you don’t feel like cooking, you should make this recipe. The vegetables in this recipe are raw and don’t require any cooking. Usually cooking zucchini releases water and they become mushy. I wanted the noodles to remain crunchy and juicy. By keeping the zucchini raw I also preserve their nutrients and texture better.
This recipe is vegan, low carb and low calorie. If you consume one cup of cooked spaghetti you will get about 200 calories and 40 grams of carbohydrates. In one cup of raw zucchini noodles there is about 20 calories and only 5 grams of carbohydrates.
You don’t need to peel the zucchini. Most nutrients are in the peel. Just make sure to wash them very well.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to peel thin strips.
The only ingredients in the peanut butter you use should be peanuts and salt. Read the ingredient list. Avoid using peanut butter with sugar and palm oil.
If you don’t like chunks from the peanut butter and the ginger strain the sauce.
To make this recipe heart healthy use low sodium soy sauce.
To make this recipe gluten free replace the soy sauce with coconut aminos or Tamari.
Raw Zucchini Noodles With Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb fresh zucchini
- 1 carrot medium sized
- 1 mini seedless cucumber
- 1 green onion stalk
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce Coconut aminos or Tamari if you are gluten free
- 2 tsp creamy peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp rice vinegar
- Wash the zucchini green onion and cucumber trim the ends. Wash the carrot, peel and trim ends.
- Spiralize the zucchini and the carrot and add them to a bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir well until combined.
- Slice the cucumber to ½ inch pieces. Chop the green onion. Add the chopped vegetables, peanuts and the sesame seeds in the same bowl with the zucchini and carrot.
- Finally add the dressing and stir to combine. Serve right away. Don't store any leftovers.