Three Ingredient Cookies with Banana and Coconut (Gluten Free)
These three ingredient cookies are so delicious and easy to prepare. All you need is some ripe bananas, shredded coconut and your favorite chocolate chips. Just mix everything in a bowl and form some cookies. The only hard thing about this recipe is to wait for them to bake and cool off.
These cookies are soft and chewy. If you prefer a crunchy cookie, you probably won’t like this recipe. Please note that these cookies remain soft even after they cool off.
Why should you make this recipe?
- Easy – you don’t need any cooking experience and fancy equipment to prepare these three ingredient cookies. You can prepare the cookie dough with a basic bowl and a fork. You also going to need a baking tray. That is all. No need of mixer or food processor.
- Delicious – I just love the combination of banana coconut and chocolate. It is so tropical and perfect for the Summer. These three ingredient cookies are the most delicious midday snack. You can also serve them as a dessert.
- Nutritious – bananas and coconuts are great sources of dietary fiber. They also contain vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. The coconut is highly nutritious fruit. Unlike most fruits it is not high in carbohydrates but in fats. The coconut contains medium-chain triglycerides which are absorbed quickly by the body and can be used as energy. Coconuts are also a great source copper and manganese, which are amazing nutrients for the immune function and cardiovascular system.
This recipe is gluten, egg and dairy free. Depending on the chocolate you use it can also be Paleo. I used dark chocolate chips form Choc Zero, which is sweetened with monk fruit. This means that the cookies I prepared are also free of refined sugar.
I recommend using unsweetened, shredded coconut for this recipe.
I used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough. This ensures equal-sized cookies and even baking. You can use a tablespoon if you don’t have an ice cream scoop.
I ended up with 12 cookies, but the number of cookies might be different for you. You might get less or more depending on the size of your bananas.
You can eat this cookie dough raw since it doesn’t contain eggs or flour.
Baking time might be different depending on the oven. The cookies are baked when they are slightly golden on the edges.
If you try to transfer them immediately after baking, they might fall apart. Cool them off on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Store cookies in a ziplock bag or a container with a lid in a refrigerator for 4-5 days.
This blog post is not sponsored. I love the products of Choc Zero and I use them all the time in my recipes. If you use the link I’ve provided you will get $20 off your first purchase and $15 off any of my furniture purchases.
Three Ingredient Cookies with Banana and Coconut
- 2 very ripe bananas medium size
- 1½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips of choice I used dark from Choc Zero
- Preheat the oven to 355F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl to a purée. Add the shredded coconut to the same bowl and stir well. Then add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Scoop some of the mixture (I used a small ice cream scoop) and flatten the mixture between the palms of your hands to form a disk. Then place it on the baking sheet. Add more chocolate chips on top if needed.
- Continue until you run out of mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool down o the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then use a spatula to transfer on a cooling rack.
Other recipes you might like
Flourless Banana Peanut Butter Muffins (Gluten and Grain Free)
Lime and Coconut Cookies (Vegan and Gluten Free)
Almond Joy Stuffed Dates (Vegan, Sugar and Gluten Free)
Coconut Bonbons With Whole Blueberry Center(Vegan, Gluten Free)