Three Ingredient Piña Colada Nice Cream (Vegan)
This three ingredient Piña Colada nice cream is the perfect frozen treat for the summer heat. It is so delicious and easy to prepare. All you need is a bag of frozen pineapple and a can of coconut cream. I also added some maple syrup for extra sweetness. The recipe is vegan, Paleo, dairy and gluten free.
Why should you make this recipe?
This dessert is the most amazing cooling treat for the hot summer days. It is also very delicious, high in nutrients and easy to prepare.
- Delicious – this dessert is so yummy. For me it tastes like something I would enjoy while I’m at a tropical beach vacation. It is so refreshing and satisfying.
- Nutritious – pineapple is a very nutritious fruit. It contains a great variety of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. It is also great for digestion because it has many digestive enzymes. Coconut cream is high in healthy fats and potassium.
- Easy – even a child can prepare this recipe. There is no chopping, no cooking and no measuring. You dump everything in a blender, and you press a button. The hard part is waiting for the dessert to freeze.
- Allergy friendly – the recipe is free of gluten, lactose, animal products, eggs, grains and refined sugar.
You are going to need a powerful blender or food processor for this recipe. I used my Blentec, and it worked perfectly. The consistency of this dessert should be like a soft serve.
You can adjust the amount of maple syrup this recipe. I think that a quarter cup adds the perfect sweetness, but you might disagree. It is best to taste the mixture before freezing.
Keep the three ingredient Piña Colada nice cream at least 6 hours in the freezer. It is best if you leave it there overnight.
The texture of this dessert is more like a sorbet than an ice cream. Once it is frozen it needs some time out of the freezer to relax so you can scoop it out easier.
For this recipe I used coconut cream from Trader Joes. I love that they don’t add any gums and emulsifiers to their coconut cream.
Serve this nice cream in a bowl or in your favorite cones. I love to eat it in the coconut waffle cones you can buy at Sprouts.
Please note: There are no affiliated links in this post. I mention those brands and products because I love and use them all the time.
Three Ingredient Piña Colada Nice Cream
- High power blender or smoothie maker
- 16 oz frozen pineapple 1 pound
- 13.5 oz coconut cream one can
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Add the frozen pineapple, coconut cream and maple syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture in a loaf pan (9"x 5"). Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the freezer at least ten minutes before serving.